I am happy with how Polkadot.study develops. Last month was focussed on Design, Collaborations and including and writing the first tutorial. The frontend is 80% done and is only missing some components and a design for tablets. I have not found all the prospected authors I wanted but am confident I will find some in the future but probably missing the deadline here.
See below for a more detailed report.
- finished the tutorial for authors
- 3 funded authors are working on their tutorials
- 1 Author is working on a tutorial that they want no funding for
- Collaboration with Substrate in Bits to publish their content on polkadot.study
- Another Call for Authors made via the home
It seems that it will be hard to meet the deadline with the aimed 10 finished tutorials until mid June. I have done several calls on twitter and PBA Alumni Channels as well as Kusama Direction and chatted with 2 people but never heard from them since then. Going forward, I would try to find new authors on different channels (e.g. doing a call in the PBA Alumni Newsletter this week). I also added a banner on the polkadot.study website and hope that the finished design will help onboard new authors.
On top of that I will this month contact several parachain teams to ask if they want to contribute tutorials to the platform.
Substrate in Bits
New Docusaurus Plugin
- Created a reusable docusaurus plugin because polkadot.study needed more
functionality than the available plugins offered:
- It is still a wip but can be build upon.
- Uses modern typescript build pipeline
- raised several issues with docusaurus github that came up along the way
- restructured the repository to make it easier for authors to add their tutorials
- Allow filtering of tutorials
- allow custom meta tags for tutorial Duration and difficulty Level that will display in the frontend
- The Docusaurus Docs
Worked with the designers on the new page design. Currently only for Desktop + Mobile but Tablet Design will finish soon. Have a look at the figma project
- Tutorial Cards
- Landing Page
- Icons from Polkadot Icons
- Study Paths filter Component
- Merged the current progress to production branch at https://polkadot.study/
- Did a first review on a tutorial https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dlkTKbd-IOxad7H2BabvPIUICb6laU_fmcQEDoF3o2Y/edit
- Started with the concept of tag pages: https://polkadot.study/tutorials/tags/polkadot-js and contacted different people to setup an initial version (xcm, substrate)